PDA

View Full Version : AQo bet this river?

Bodhi
11-30-2004, 02:53 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

MP3 is a fish, VPIP 38.89, pfr 2.78, TotA .58

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

My play in this hand was largely guided by my knowledge of MP3. I don't think I would have checked this river against more aggressive players, but I still think I was wrong not to bet. The double-paired board sure makes it difficult! Comments about the flop and turn are definately welcome.

topspin
11-30-2004, 03:29 AM
If you think your hand is best, you should 3-bet the turn instead of pulling a stop-and-go on the river. Personally I think the turn call and river check were fine -- given MP3's relative position and aggression on the turn, I'd say slowplayed trip kings are not unlikely and I'd hate to get capped.

I'd chop the action after your river check in your next post of this type.

busguy
11-30-2004, 03:43 AM
Why beat yourself up over it ??

Checking is by far the best option here. He raised the turn. He either has you beat or is bluffing.

River: You checked, he checked. He was bluffing.

Given that you couldn't determine if he was bluffing:

Option 1 : You check / he checks

Option 2 : You check / he bets

Option 3 : You bet / he folds

Option 4 : You bet / he raises

How many of these options make you more money (that you can be sure of) than you got by checking ??

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif busguy

ArturiusX
11-30-2004, 05:03 AM
Coming into the river, I would have put him at A5. Checking was the only way not to pay to much for drawing dead.

Bodhi
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Ok, I feel better about it now. When a fish reraises me he's got a monster 80% of the time; when another player reraises me it's much less clear.