PDA

View Full Version : Top 2-pair on monotone flop

dfscott
11-30-2004, 02:37 AM
I was lost in this hand -- I couldn't decide if I should push harder or get out.

SB is a maniac and MP is also loose and aggressive (just not as much as SB).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero, MP3 and SB.</font>

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
11-30-2004, 03:01 AM
you could've check raised the turn if no spade came on or just call down like you did

Stu Pidasso
11-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Cap the flop, lead the turn.

Stu

The T.A.
11-30-2004, 05:08 AM
I like your play on the flop, dfscott. If SB is a maniac, you can probably put him on one spade (or maybe even worse), so the raise is good. However, by having MP reraise you, you can probably put him on a flush, even though he's loose-aggresive. There's no point for you to reraise him with your 4-outter.

If you don't hit an A or Q on the turn, check, and be prepared to drop your hand if there's any action. The pot is laying you 9.5/1 odds, but that isn't good enough to justify playing your 4 outter on the turn.