PDA

View Full Version : Do I push here with 33?

CarlSpackler
11-30-2004, 01:26 AM
UTG - 810
CO - 975
Button - 1765
SB - 3305
Hero (BB) - 1145

Blinds are at 100/200. Hero holds 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The button raises to 400. The small blind calls. With my big blind in the pot, I only have 945 left. I'm thinking the button is pot committed, with his raise. I may be able to push the small blind out by going all-in, but in this best case scenario, I'm either a slight favorite, or a big dog if the button holds a pocket pair. I know I'm going to get at least one caller, and maybe two. If I fold, I'm in the small blind the next hand, and I'm probably pushing any 2 cards, unless someone raises in front of me. I decide to fold, hoping to push the next hand. Do you think this is the right play?

Gramps
11-30-2004, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I push here with 33

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's highly unlikely that you'll be able to fold both players out, as even if the button folds, the SB is getting tremendous pot odds to call you at that point (and has plenty of chips to splash around).

The problem with 33 is that there's almost no hands that it's more than a slight favorite against here...but many that it's a 4:1 dog against - so you're gonna be <50% to win this hand (on average). Even if you fold your SB, you still have 4 BB, so it's not panic time yet.

I'd say pushing here would actually be a better play if you had more chips and had a decent shot at folding both players and picking up 1000 chips for free (assuming you didn't have some inside track on the money that you were unnecessarily putting at risk).