PDA

View Full Version : Later rounds of tourneys

steelcmg
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Ive been playing poker for about 10 months now and am still looking for my first real money toureny final table (best finish 12th) I have only been playing the lower end tourneys on poker stars until i win something. I dont find it hard to make it into the money when there are about 1400 people playing most of the time.

But my problem is getting my chip count high enough i always seem to find myself kinda short stack (3k-7k this is usually the middle of the pack) once the blinds reach about 800. I know i need to start trying to steal more and bet bigger but i always get knocked out with pocket pairs or better hands when i do this later in the tourney to bigger stacks. And it also seems that i get my table switched at this point so i lose all reads on everyone. I only play about 22% of the flops im trying to find out away to get my chip size bigger at this point in the tourney it seems like i never catch the really fishy guys like everyone else seems to when i get a good hand i wonder if its cuz they see me not playing as many pots.

Any comments on what i need to do?