PDA

View Full Version : Top Two Pair, No Good?

Delphin
11-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t20 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t975)
CO (t1315)
Button (t1165)
Hero(sb) (t1030)
BB <font color="purple">(bigblind)</font> (t980)
UTG (t1090)
UTG+1 (t715)
UTG+2 <font color="purple">(utgplustwo)</font> (t760)
MP1 (t880)
MP2 (t1090)

Preflop: Hero(sb) is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(utgplustwo)</font> calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero(sb) completes, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(bigblind)</font> raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(utgplustwo)</font> calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero(sb) calls.

Flop: (12 SB, t240) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero(sb) checks, <font color="CC3333">bigblind bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">utgplustwo raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero(sb) 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bigblind caps</font>, utgplustwo calls, Hero(sb) calls.

Turn: (12 BB, t480) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero(sb) checks, <font color="CC3333">bigblind bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">utgplustwo raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero(sb) 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bigblind caps</font>, utgplustwo calls, Hero(sb) calls.

River: (24 BB, t960) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero(sb) checks, <font color="CC3333">bigblind bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">utgplustwo raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero(sb) 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">bigblind caps</font>, utgplustwo calls, Hero(sb) calls.

Final Pot: 36 BB (t1440)
<font color="green">Main Pot: 36 BB (t1440), between Hero(sb), bigblind and utgplustwo.</font>

When you flop top two pair, when do you slow down against an aggressive player? Let me know if you would have played differently...

milesdyson
11-30-2004, 12:26 AM
You can slow down when your check-three bet is capped on the flop.

However, you should not have gone for your check-raise on the turn. Bet out and see what's happening.

I would think BB has AA and UTG+2 has 66. Someone has to have a boat on the river - at least A2.

You didn't say these guys are complete lags... I would fold the river for two cold having not filled up myself. It's obvious given the prior action that you're going to have to pay 4 BB to showdown. That's about 8:1 odds on the pot. It isn't worth it. Your check-three bet on the river is maniacal.

Delphin
11-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the advice. BB has 22 (quads), UTG+2 has AA (Aces full). Both had me beat the whole way.

btspider
11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
fold preflop

my goodness.. you got in the trifecta check-3bet.. a rare sight indeed.. just bet the flop and go from there. capped flop is fine, but if you bet the turn and it gets 3-bet again behind you, you may be up against a monster. tough to laydown this since they *could* slow down at any point and the pot is huge. i can't really say if you should or not.. it depends on the players and table and not knowing the results.

LeftBack
11-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Check out the Single Table Tournaments Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable). There's a Beating the Party 10+1 Strategy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=602767&amp;page=1&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=1) post. Unfortunately, I don't think you ever play A6o. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bodhi
11-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Bet out on the flop so that the Big Blind can better protect your hand for you. UTG+2 may call anyway, but it's good to make the field face a big-bet cold on the flop. Unless the Big Blind has a set, he's just going for it with TPTK. I would put him on AK. UTG+2 is the guy I would worry about having a small set because he didn't raise preflop.

Also, bet out on the turn and river. I don't think your check-raises have anyone fooled at this point. If it's going to get capped and you're not folding, you may as well help.

...Oh yeah, you might also want to consider folding this pf.