PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat odd (weak-tight) AKo hand

toby
11-29-2004, 11:12 PM
MP2 seems a little laggy but has shown down some good hands and decent plays like check-raising the field with a good draw.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.
--I think the worst card I could see...completes the flush and gives 2nd pair trips. CO's coldcall confused me so I figured I was done but could see a showdown between them.

River: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds.
--Kicked myself here after CO's wierd fold...did I fold the best hand?

Final Pot: 14 BB

bdk3clash
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
No way I'd fold here, just because of the chance someone (who by your own standards is loose and aggressive) is taking a shot with a scare card.

Note that you have sufficient odds to draw to a boat if your opponent has a flush (and no one else has an Ace.)

Don't bother including the rest of the action next time. Who cares? It's not like you knew what was going to happen on the river when you were deciding what to do on the turn.

Grease
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Folding here is wrong. You have outs if you're up against a flush, and he could just be getting cute with you.