PDA

View Full Version : Probably Routine-First Party 15 Hand Ever

mikeyworm
11-29-2004, 10:46 PM
So this was my very first Party 15 Hand I played. I decided to give it a shot and had been mining the tables for a while so I would have some good foundations to use. Villain in this hand is 53/6 and I think I may have played the river a little scared. Is this a clear 3-bet? Or should I have slowd it down and checked the turn. Also do you c-r the flop here? ...Any comments?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (6.33 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.33 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

bicyclekick
11-29-2004, 10:59 PM
I would have check called on the flop and check/folded on the turn if I didn't improve.

3 betting the river would be stupid.

Then again, I haven't been all that 'creative' these days.

bigfishead
11-29-2004, 11:24 PM
easy muck preflop givin it is your first hand and you dont know the players, have a cheesy hand out of position looking at a 3 bet that doesnt close action.

Or cap it! lol....I doso love the players that like to CR A high on party. They make me so much more money.

bicyclekick
11-29-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easy muck preflop givin it is your first hand and you dont know the players, have a cheesy hand out of position looking at a 3 bet that doesnt close action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-1 open riased and he called in the BB with AJs. I think you misread the hand. Folding would be giving up way too much i think in the party 15 game.

AAeyes
11-30-2004, 12:45 AM
I would've played it the same way. I have to put MP3 on AT the way the hand played out, but definitely not with enough certainty to fold to the raise. You played aggressively after the flop and he stayed with you so I think you have to value bet when you get there rather than try for a check-raise, but when he pops you I think you have to close your eyes and call.

How'd it play out?

Best Wishes

AAeyes

tipperdog
11-30-2004, 01:15 AM
IMO, this is an easy fold on the flop.

There is practically no way you're ahead on the flop. At best, you're chasing a 6-outer without proper pot odds. At worst, you could be totally dominated against a better ace, a hand like AT, or an overpair. Why are you taking such heroic (and expensive) measures to win a relatively small pot? Just let it go and wait for a better spot.

JasonP530
11-30-2004, 01:45 AM
You also lose to AK and AQ, if he chose to raise the river with those two. It is clearly not a 3 bet. I would be concerned that the villian is loose passive and will not fold AK. His lack of preflop raise suggests he isnt a maniac, so I would lead towards folding the flop. That being said, if you fold here all the time, you are giving up too much to a regular opponent.

mikeyworm
11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Villain showed 5c 5s and I took down my first Party 15 hand. After I c-r the flop I thought I might be able to push him off a lower pair (apparently not) with a bet on the turn...when I hit the river I was not happy to see the raise but knew that I had to call. Live and learn (and get lucky).

-mikey

Paluka
11-30-2004, 10:45 AM
Why do you think checkraising random flops is better than 3 betting preflop?

gonores
11-30-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding would be giving up way too much i think in the party 15 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Au Contraire, my friend.I think the decision between folding and calling is very close....His PFR is 6. If you want to skew it a little higher since he is open raising from LMP, we'll make it 7....which would be 92 possible hands out of the starting 1326. If you try to argue that he will open his range of hands more substantially than 7% from CO-1, I will counter-argue with the fact that most 53/6 players don't understand the value of position.

AA-77 - 42 times
AK-AQ - 24
AJ - 9
AT - 12
KQs - 4

That's 91 hands right there.

Without going through the trouble of actually calculating specific equities, you have:
70% equity 12 times (AT)
60% 4 times (KQs)
50% 25 times (77-TT, AJ)
30% 39 times (KK-JJ, AK-AQ)
15% 3 times (AA)

You have 39% equity here...that's not a lot considering the fact that you are out of position and that villian is going to play *less incorrectly* against your hand. By that I mean he won't often get aggressive when an ace or jack flops unless he can beat you.

Personally, my decision here would rest on what I felt like doing with my image at the time. I could probably make all three plays (F,C,R) depending on my mood...but it's not a slam-dunk playable hand here.

Vaftrudner
11-30-2004, 11:45 AM
If the stats are reliable yes, but maybe that's not the case with the guy showing 55.../v

stoxtrader
11-30-2004, 12:49 PM
gonores I happen to possess a small cross section of your stats, you are a tight a$$.

gonores
11-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Whoa whoa whoa....let's not go saying things we can't take back, lest I need to remind you of the results of our last heads-up match. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1800GAMBLER
11-30-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think checkraising random flops is better than 3 betting preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to bump this questions as i have no idea why people do it.

William Jockusch
11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Well we've gotta remember that this is party. For that reason I think the preflop call is clear.

I would have check-called the flop. Turn play is opponent dependent. Check-call or check fold depending on what you think of your opponent.

Having played the flop and turn the way you did, I think you played the river correctly.