PDA

View Full Version : Turned TPTK, maniac firing right back

Corkscrew
11-29-2004, 10:19 PM
BB was a full-on LAG (60% VP, 15% PFR, postflop > 3.00). CO was a fish.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

I wavered between raising and folding here, and I still don't know if I made the right decision. However, in retrospect, with a fish betting into me, perhaps a fold would've been better.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Should I have called his raise here instead of 3-betting? Based on BB's past postflop aggressiveness, I felt he would've likely bet out on that relatively ragged flop had it hit any part of him, making a turned 2-pair here somewhat unlikely.

River: (19.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Some possible completed straight draws here and BB's continued aggression made me feel it was better to just call here, rather than continue to go to war with him. There's also the CO to consider, who's been calling down this whole time and may have been scared into submission on the turn by all that action even though he had the best hand.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.25 BB, between CO, Hero and BB.</font>

Thoughts?

Ajax410
11-29-2004, 10:23 PM
I think this flop is a situation where I actually call &lt;gasp&gt;

I mean, you don't have any legit draw (except your backdoor straight...which is really weak...and you're basically relying on overcards which are not clean outs...especially with a passive player betting into you.

I would then raise the turn and call down the LAG after his 3-bet - he could very well have you reverse dominated at this point.

Alex

DontRaisePlz
11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
I had a similar situation earlier. Held AQ, 2 checks, bet the flop in last position, 2 calls. Then I get check-raised on the turn when my ace hits and I call down (no reads) thinking A-rag that spiked two pair. He had A-7, for pair of aces and no kicker.

I call the (edit:raise) and check-call the river here, he really has to be a maniac to call 2 bets on the flop with an overcard (unless it's AJo) then go crazy with it when the kicker likely isn't that great.

Corkscrew
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would then raise the turn and call down the LAG after his 3-bet - he could very well have you reverse dominated at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet here, not the LAG. So it comes down to whether I call his raise or 3-bet here. If it had been a 3-bet to me, I almost certainly would have called instead of capping.

Shillx
11-29-2004, 11:37 PM
This hand doesn't look good for you. You would expect to hear from the LAG on the flop with AT, A7 or A6. You would also expect him to bet the turn with something like A9 or AJ. His play screams out monster, but I don't know if this kind of read is possible in a quick game time decision.

Shill

Kasumeat
11-30-2004, 04:54 AM
I dunno, this looks pretty standard to me.

Sup fellow goon.

ArturiusX
11-30-2004, 05:06 AM
Goonie goon gooning goon goonse?