PDA

View Full Version : Excitingly Dull AA hand...

tolbiny
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
10-20 B&M game last night- much tighter than usual- but just lossening up as a couple of players form a table that broke moved over to fill our empty seats.

Reads on players- UTG-Ain't goin nowhere with no piece/any draw in any decent sized pot.
UTG+1- me- spewed a few chips this night, wasn't playing my "A" game and am stuck at this point in this hand around 500$. I stood up and walked around two orbits ago and changed seats and have been playing better since then, anyones read on me has got to be an aggressive one, otherwise they probably don't have one.
MP1- loose caller, doesn't bet too hard, folds or calls postflop based upon what he thinks or wants to hit. Ie will call a gutshot on the flop, and mutter smoting obsene if he misses and then fold the turn, even if the pot was giving him 20-1 at that point.
MP3- tight rasing standards- will usually go into call down mode after she has been raised twice or checkraised once postflop, unless she has a monster.
LP1-Cutoff, Virtually the same player in every seat, brags when they win, curses when they lose, not tight, some aggression, but never maniacs unless seriously tilting.

UTG limps and i raise with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, Mp1 coldcalls and MP3 three bets, which means a Big PP or AKs-AQs to me. LP1 cutoff and Button coldcall, BB (no read) calls, UTG calls i 4 bet, MP1 calls Mp3 caps (Big PP confirmed) all call.
8 players for 5 bets each
Flop 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I have two lines here that i see-
1. bet out, get raised by MP3 have everyone call and i three bet, have MP3 realize she is behind and call me down to the river
or
2. bet out, get raised by MP3, have everyone call, i call and c/r MP3 on the turn.

If someone else throws out a bet or a raise i will have to reevaluate, but these are the two lines i see as most likely, which do you perfer?

Victor
11-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Do both. Oh wait, this isnt party.

Will she get scared and not bet the turn if you 3bet the flop and check the turn. Probably.....maybe..... but with so many players in it still is likely the turn will get bet.

Will she 4bet the flop with KK or QQ. 3bet the flop so she can 4bet and then you can checkraise the turn then.

Yea, if there is the least amount of aggression at this table I go for the 3bet. If she just calls then use your instincts wether to lead or try to checkraise the turn.

So I guess I vote for 3betting here.

Monkeyslacks
11-29-2004, 08:15 PM
This looks just like Clark's hand except you've got aces instead of tens. I like option #2, but for some reason I don't have a handle on, it appears that he's saying that playing aces this way is incorrect.

At any rate, I would recommend reviewing that thread...

Manzanita
11-30-2004, 03:55 AM
tolbiny,

Given the size of the pot and the number of opponents you face your priority should be to narrow the field. To do this you must confront all of those players to your right with a double bet that they will have to call cold. Therefore I would suggest a different way of playing the hand. Bet out on the flop and just call when MP3 raises. Then bet out again on the turn, hoping that MP3 will raise again. If the situation is right you may be able to 3-bet the turn for value.

-- Manzanita