PDA

View Full Version : What is my best option here? SHooting star qualifying

PITTM
11-29-2004, 07:48 PM
I found out that paradise is offering satilites for the bay 101 shooting star. since bay 101 is only like 30 minutes away and i have recently improved my poker skills quite measurably, ive decided to take a shot at qualifying. Would it be a better idea to go down the 25 dollar r&a tourney path or play in a few of the 100 WPT satilites or even to just play the 10 dollar qualifiers for the 100 dollar satilites? At this point i am leaning mostly towards the 25 dollar r&as since there seem to be a lot more dead money in tourneys like these. any tournament junkies have any advice? also, how much money should i set aside for this goal? about 300 bucks? thanks for any advice.

rj

DVC Calif
12-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I was checking the $25 R/A out last night. The plays I watched weren't that great, even after the maniac rebuy period. Some very weak players might make this very easy to get to the 2nd break with a big stack.

Last night there were 174 entries. With the rebuys and add-ons, that pushed the prize pool over $12k. However, only 1st place was worth playing for as that gave the winner the $10k buy-in to the WPT and $1500 cash for expenses.

Funny thing last night, when it got down to HU, the big stack (T579k) and the "short" stack (T250k) tried to make a deal. Big stack would win the ticket to WPT, short stack to get $3500 ($1500 cash prize plus another $2000 from big stack's account).

However, Paradise's TD said big stack's account couldn't cover the transfer and his credit card was declined for making additional deposits.

They ended up making a "private deal" with short stack throwing the tourney, trusting big stack to transfer the funds the next day! Hope that works out for him as 2nd only cashed $70 by tourney prize pool.

Tonight's the $100 freezeout for another entry. I'll check that out to see if the play is tighter and if they'll be any overlay by paradise if they're arent 115 enties.

Steve

KingMedicine
12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was checking the $25 R/A out last night. The plays I watched weren't that great, even after the maniac rebuy period. Some very weak players might make this very easy to get to the 2nd break with a big stack.

Last night there were 174 entries. With the rebuys and add-ons, that pushed the prize pool over $12k. However, only 1st place was worth playing for as that gave the winner the $10k buy-in to the WPT and $1500 cash for expenses.

Funny thing last night, when it got down to HU, the big stack (T579k) and the "short" stack (T250k) tried to make a deal. Big stack would win the ticket to WPT, short stack to get $3500 ($1500 cash prize plus another $2000 from big stack's account).

However, Paradise's TD said big stack's account couldn't cover the transfer and his credit card was declined for making additional deposits.

They ended up making a "private deal" with short stack throwing the tourney, trusting big stack to transfer the funds the next day! Hope that works out for him as 2nd only cashed $70 by tourney prize pool.

Tonight's the $100 freezeout for another entry. I'll check that out to see if the play is tighter and if they'll be any overlay by paradise if they're arent 115 enties.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

please do update what you find out - i am very interested in winning a spot into this WPT event. i did play one of the 25$ r&a's. i tried the traditional push on anything a few times and was the chipleader for a while just to bust out later. if you can get ANY decent cards that first round you can make an absolute killing and get a monster stack together for the "after the break" calmdown.