PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker: how big of a help is it?

brizzypare
11-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm considering getting pokertracker, but before I do, I want to ask how much it helped you and how. Has it helped you immensely in all aspects of the game, or has it just helped you play AJo better early, and that's about it?

Also, about hand input into the software: is it easy? Or is it really time consuming, having to go through emails and pasting text files, etc.?

One more question. I'm a winning player at 1/2 and have recently played 2/4, where I'm also winning. I've read WLLHE by Jones a few times and think I understand the basics. That being said, which do you think would help more: HEFAP or PokerTracker?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Bodhi
11-29-2004, 06:31 PM
BUY PT! It will make you more profitable, it's easy to import table files, and you get a nice little psycho-profile of everyone you play against. I can't imagine playing online poker without it.

brizzypare
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Pokertracker tells me if I'm playing against LAG or Loose-passive, or whatever, correct? Is there a way to hook it into the empirepoker so it displays their characteristics right in the empirepoker window (i.e. I don't have to click back into the PT window to see)?

I hope this question makes sense; it's the best I could do.

splashpot
11-29-2004, 07:25 PM
with pokertracker add-ons such as playerview or gametime+, this is possible

Bodhi
11-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Yup, it's in the utilities menu: "Launch External Game Time Window." With this you can have a list of the players at your table right below your table window at see both at the same time. You can also auto-import the table data so that the window updates every 1-5 minutes or so.

Lauren
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
I highly recommend PT. It has many useful features to help improve game play, from telling you basic stats to replaying hands. Importing hand histories has become a lot easier too since they are stored in a folder on your computer (i think most places do this now, you don't have to email for hand histories).

PT has really helped me understand where my play is lacking and to see if in fact I'm playing correctly (even if my dollar amounts are in red).

Hope this helps! Good luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

helpmeout
11-30-2004, 04:54 AM
PT and books pay for themselves, dont be cheap on either.

Buy PT buy HEPFAP buy SSHE buy MLH and many more.

PT is an amazing tool, d/l the free trial you can use up to 1000 hand histories. Partypoker also saves files to your hd so you dont need to play around with emails and such.

You will use it more for getting stats on the people you play against than using it for your own stats.

BlueBear
11-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Buy PokerTracker, it's <font color="red"> absolutely </font>
essential for the serious winning online player. Combine it with PlayerView or GameTimePro for easy visualization of player stats.