PDA

View Full Version : La Tech vs RICE - w / local info - need experts help!

RaDiCaLReeD
11-29-2004, 05:25 PM
I like La Tech they have played really good all year and Rice has lost 5 staright and seemed to be a little beat up. The line keeps favoring Rice and a couple of my online resourses favor heavy on Rice. What am I missing or am I looking at a value pick with La Tech with more motivation to win this one?

FYI: Rice's last game ended in double overtime.

Football: Practice Report #39

11/18/2004

HOUSTON — Rice is enjoying an open week, and then some, before the Owls close their 2004 season against Louisiana Tech on Nov. 29 in Reliant Stadium.

Coach Ken Hatfield will give his squad Friday through Sunday off before beginning game-week drills for their final Western Athletic Conference game. In addition, the schedule this week was lighter than usual.

"The number-one priority this week was just to heal our bodies," said Hatfield. "Guys like Greg Wilson and Scott Mayhew, they've been practicing so darn long that their bodies have worn down."

Two players who missed last week's double-overtime loss at 23rd-ranked UT-El Paso, offensive lineman Micah Meador and running back Joe Moore, may be able to play against the Bulldogs. "This extra time will help us get a bunch of folks back," Hatfield added.

The Owls will work Monday through Wednesday next week, take Thanksgiving and the following Friday off, then have their final pregame workout on Saturday morning (Nov. 27).

RaDiCaLReeD
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Im kinda shocked nobody joined in on this thread ... with all you good cappers out there looking for value.