PDA

View Full Version : Two hands where I don't know what to do on the turn.

Entity
11-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Hand #1: $1/2 at Bodog poker. Most players are loose-passive, maybe one LAG at the table. A few weak-tight players too.

I'm dealt TT (with the T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) in the BB. 4 limpers to me, and I raise.

Flop (10SB) comes J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, get two callers (one loose-passive and one unknown), and two people fold.

Turn (6.5BB) comes 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, get one caller, and the unknown raises me.

Should I: fold? Call and fold to a non-diamond river? Call and call a river blank?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hand two: against a LAG at Pacific 1/2.

LAG raises from EP. He gets two callers, and I'm in the BB with black Queens. I 3-bet, he caps, and we head to the flop 4-handed for 16SB.

Flop comes 893r. I bet, hoping that he'll raise to try to clear out the field, and he just calls. One other player calls. 3 to the turn for 19SB.

The turn is the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, putting a twoflush on board. I bet, he raises, limper calls, and I fold.

What would you do on this turn?

-----

Sorry for posting multiple hands, but I'm having a bit of confusion about when to call down anymore, since I think I used to call down a bit too often.

Aaron W.
11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Hand 1: I don't like folding a set against a possible flush here. I'd call-call. And I think it's not very close. You've got tons of redraws against the flush, plus a diamond might bail you out. Even if you brick the river, you might see him turn over J3 for an odd two pair.

Hand 2: Tough fold, but it's probably correct. Assuming that he's just a LAG and not a super-LAG, that is (I'm thinking in terms of capping standards). The only hand that you're still ahead of that might cap is JJ (maybe TT).

shadow29
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
He doesn't have a set.

I call and fold to a non-diamond.

Hand 2- good fold.

SlantNGo
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
He doesn't have a set. He has TT on a J-high 3-flush board with a diamond redraw.

I used to call this down, but I've been tending more toward fold with no read.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't like folding a set against a possible flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

btspider
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
I probably fold both.

sorry, fold TT on the turn. i really want to call, but I think you are only calling for flush potential and between the two villians, I think one will have a better diamond too often. give me J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif with the Q out there and I may call.

Entity
11-29-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold both.

[/ QUOTE ]
The TT one -- fold on the turn or the river?

Rob

cjromero
11-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Hand 1: Absent a read, I fold on the turn. The ten of diamonds just isn't high enough with only the Jack on the board for me to call the turn raise just for a diamond redraw. Also, the turn caller could easily have a higher diamond in his hand. A turn raise at the micro limits is rarely a bluff. I can't see many people doing this with just a high diamond.

Hand 2:b I fold on the turn as well. You are almost certainly drawing to one of the two remaining Queens, and one of those could make someone a flush. The fact that the third guy called two cold on the turn makes me even more sure that you should fold the turn to a raise.

GrunchCan
11-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Hand 1

The pot is still borderline small. Since the player is unknown, I'll choose to believe for now that the 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif improved his hand to a made hand (eg, not a strong draw). I am therefore either dead to a straight, dead to a flush, or drawing to 1 or 2 outs to a set (over 2 pair). I fold.

Hand 2

Because the pot is quite large, bet-fold seems clearly wrong. It is true that even LAGs get good hands now and then, but it is also true that LAGs might bluff when a scare card comes. Check-call is my line on the turn. If the LAG bets the turn, I call down so long as it is never 2 cold to me. If the LAG doesn't bet the turn, which would be very rare, I bet the river.

DeathDonkey
11-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Hand 1 I call/call and hate myself but I see like A5 with Ace of diamonds too much to toss in this big pot.

Hand 2 is fine, perfect maybe. I wonder about just checking and folding the turn in the first place, he has pretty well defined his own hand and you dont fear giving free cards as much with QQ.

-DeathDonkey