PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet for SNG Stats

UMTerp
11-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Just thought I'd share the spreadsheet I've been using for tracking my SNGs - I highly recommend keeping stats for those recreational players that don't do it - it's helped me quite a bit. It's not real high-tech, but it automatically calculates your ROI, ITM, and Total Profit, makes a table of your buy-ins and finishing positions, and graphs the ROI, ITM, and $ on the side. It's geared toward the 9-player Stars tourneys, but can be manipulated pretty easily for 10-player ones I'm sure. For those that are familiar with Excel, you can tweak the display of the graphs and stuff to better show your range of stats too. The blue cells are for your input. It calculates everything in black.

I'm still behind the times with PokerTracker too - would it just save me the trouble of entering everything myself??

If this is a waste of time, so be it, but I thought I'd share. Also, any suggestions for improvement are appreciated as well. Link: http://home.comcast.net/~umterp/SNG_Results.xls

spentrent
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks for sharing that! I've got a considerably less high tech spreadsheet going... this looks like a kick-ass replacement.

slickterp
11-29-2004, 04:18 PM
very nice work from a fellow terp.

MowrMowr
11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
I was actually going to ask you for this today...I deleted mine by accident last week. Thanks!

1C5
11-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Awesome, thanks!! Do you also have a blan one that I could use? I assume I can just delete all the data from yours if you don't and it would still work fine for me?

UMTerp
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Exactly. Just save it to your hard drive or whatever, then delete my data and enter your own. Mine was just in there to show how it works.

Also, the graphs are going to look pretty silly til a 150-200 SNGs are entered. And if you have a negative ROI or if it is insanely high over your first couple of SNGs, the graphs will be blank given the range I have them set up for. Also, I play the Turbos almost exclusively, so some of you many be a little higher if you play the regular ones. You can click on the axes of the graphs and change the parameters so they look a like better for you when you're first starting out though.

1C5
11-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks alot, I am also going to be starting SnGs soon and this will help me track my results veru nicely.

One question, I hope this is not too off topic but I saw in another thread that you have been playing poker for a long time and looking at your results from the file I am impressed with your 25% ROI, that is $1400 in 9 days...nothing wrong with that in my books.
So which books have you read that have helped you the most in poker and specifically SnGs? Is there any that should be near the top of my list? Thanks again!

Biff M.
11-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Very nice, I think I'll try this one.

"Fell asleep"? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

UMTerp
11-30-2004, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One question, I hope this is not too off topic but I saw in another thread that you have been playing poker for a long time and looking at your results from the file I am impressed with your 25% ROI, that is $1400 in 9 days...nothing wrong with that in my books.
So which books have you read that have helped you the most in poker and specifically SnGs? Is there any that should be near the top of my list? Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm far from the best SNG player on here, so maybe others can chime in as well, but I'll give it a shot. I've read almost every single one of 2+2's books, and I'm sure I've picked up little things from many of them. The first book I recommend to all new players is Theory of Poker. It's certainly not SNG-specific, but provides a base of knowledge every poker player should know. Probably the most applicable book to SNG's is Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, specifically the Gap Concept material. That's invaluable to winning SNG's. Though truthfully, there's not a whole lot of literature out there geared toward single table tournaments. Reading this forum every day is as good a learning tool as any. Becoming a winning player at low level SNG's is not hard. I wonder why I "wasted" so many years playing ring games and MTT's online (though I still enjoy MTT's more). They're very formulatic, and staying discplined is probably the toughest concept to master once you get the basics down. I swear a trained monkey could beat these things...

Vetstadium
12-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the spreadsheet makes my record keeping a lot easier

1C5
12-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the help!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif