PDA

View Full Version : Bison Bison Classifications Question

Sully
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
A simple question for those who use the bisonbison classification criteria on PokerTracker.

Are we supposed to have "Include Preflop" checked, or should it be left unchecked? I've been including the preflop numbers, and after reading another thread, it seems that maybe these classifications should be used without preflop numbers.

Can anyone straighten me out on this? It makes a pretty big difference, and I think I've been working on some of the wrong things in my game / misreading opponents as a result.

Thanks!

CWsports
11-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Include prelop should be unchecked

Stupendous_Man
11-29-2004, 02:16 PM
It should be unchecked. Two of the items Bison's classifications look at are aggression factors. The aggression factors are pre (PFR) and post flop (TOT-A). Thus, you don't want preflop aggression included in your postflop aggression #'s. Hope this helps.

Sully
11-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks CW - I thought that might be the case....I've spent the last month trying to figure out where I can increase my aggression, and I was starting to approach lunatic status. I seriously couldn't figure out where to bet / raise more. This makes me feel a LOT better.

My overall aggression just went from .90 to 1.62...much closer to the promised land, although I guess I still need to pick it up a bit.