PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TT hand, please.

BruinEric
11-29-2004, 01:56 PM
I'd like thoughts on this TT hand. From memory I *thought* I played this right. but my passive-leanings probably got the best of me. But I'm just learning this game the "TA Way" and so I'd love advice. Upon reviewing this hand, I guess I should have raised PF and re-raised on flop? Results later.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

FWIW, here's some fodder for the "Party is rigged" crowd. This TT hand was the FOURTH STRAIGHT pocket pair I was dealt...22, 55, 66, TT. They were all losers or post-flop folds. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Firefly
11-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Raise Pre-flop. MP3 with TT, is a raisable hand in my book.
I'd 3 bet the flop. If capped, you can play it a little more slowly, but on the flop the only hands that have you beat are JJ, QQ and AK. Raise and make him define his hand. After that the hand will play itself

Shillx
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll let others worry about preflop.
Goto war on this flop. Even if BB flipped up AK, you could still cap the flop with 4 way action (assuming that no one had 2 pair or a bigger set). From the flop action you will find out quickly if he has AK/QQ/JJ or not. I really don't feel like getting into a raising war against AK/AA-QQ on the turn or river.

Shill

btspider
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
KK or KQs could also be capping this flop.

brettbrettr
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
I'll let others worry about preflop.

Indeed. Raise pre-flop.

Shillx
11-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Exactly, but these hands don't bother the hero. If someone has a bigger set, the hero is almost dead. If someone has 2 bigger pair, the hero is crippled.

Shill

btspider
11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Right, I'm disagreeing with this statement:

From the flop action you will find out quickly if he has AK/QQ/JJ or not.

I agree with the raise PF, 3-bet flop, call turn, and swear and call the river hoping to win.

prrthd
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
As others have said raise pre-flop and call if 3-bet. You also need to 3-bet the flop and call a cap. If capped I would go into call down mode. If he just calls the 3-bet keep putting pressure on him.

Entity
11-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah. Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. If he caps and leads into you again, I'd raise once more, then call down.

Rob

BruinEric
11-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Results below. I finished in last place. Ho ho ho. Certainly possible I could have had one or both out by betting PF. BB was a new player. I've seen around 150 hands of MP1 and he has Bison's Fish icon.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 9s Ks (straight, king high).
MP1 has Qh 9d (straight, queen high).
Hero has Ts Td (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 16.50 BB. </font>