PDA

View Full Version : Home Tourny - Uberscary flop, but a loose player heads up

etgryphon
11-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey All,

I just want to make sure I made the right play. Here is the situation. 8 player home tourney with the greatest table i can think of. Lots of inexperianced loose calling stations that don't fold at all. I have been just waiting around and barely playing taking down like two pots but they were pretty big. I'm in third chip position with 4 people left. The chip leader is a goof splashing around calling and getting lucky. He has like 60% of the chips in play. He calls everything and doesn't show a lot of aggresion. I'm just waiting for him to give me all his chips when I get a hand. So here is the hand...Blinds are 50-100. I have a little over 1k in chips

I'm in the BB with 10-9o. Chip Leader is in
MP and calls the BB. Folded around to me and I check.

Flop:
Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Scary huh? I check expecting to fold. He checks behind me.

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hmmm...I figure I have the best hand all i have to do is making him raise me allin. I bet 200 into the pot, but weakly to get him to reraise me. I get laughs from everyone because they think im weak, so they are helping me. The Chip leader calls...Interesting...

River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Not a bad card...if someone has the straight they would already have it, if they had a flush they would have already have it. I go back into my weak act and bet 300 into the pot. The chip leader looks over and ask me how much i have left and raise me allin.

Is there anything I'm missing? Easy call?

-Gryph

Unarmed
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
This is bizarre because your betting pattern doesn't suggest a weak hand but you're saying you put the chips in meekly or something? Anyway, if you honestly thought your opponent viewed your hand as weak then go ahead and call.

I mean really, you got what you wanted right?
You're either beat or he has the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, or a lone 8 or K.
If you think he bluffs that river more than 1/5 of the time just call.

etgryphon
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
I definately played it like I had a big hand to an observant opponent. It was more about what I was saying that was getting him to call or raise. I put him on a low PP or maybe a Q9, because he definately would have raised if he had top pair or a hand like AJ AQ AK preflop. He was not good enough to play sneeky in my opinion. But thats what was making me worried, because he calls a lot of bets and all ins but does push himself.

-Gryph