PDA

View Full Version : Sng Challenge - Time and Multi-tabling

Scuba Chuck
11-29-2004, 01:26 PM
I have found some comments from AleoMagus, benfranklin, Phil Van Sexton and others very interesting from your earlier thread "Beating the party 10 + 1, part 2."

After reading this, I have read quite a few more threads on length of time per SnG. I play at Absolute Poker, and have found the average time per SnG is between 60-90 minutes if I am ITM. Yet I have read several posts stating that their average time per SnG ranging from 38 minutes to 50 minutes.

Is it the website that I play, or my style, that leads to longer games? (I know there's a lot of slow connection speeds that might account for this, but in general, when there isn't that problem, I'm still over 60 minutes for ITM)

Regards, Scuba.

bball904
11-29-2004, 01:39 PM
It is the site. I've never played an Absolute sng, but Party has fewer starting chips, faster blind increases, and more bad players than most sites. My average time at Party for ITM tournies is 48 minutes.

Scuba Chuck
11-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Bball - Thanks.

What are the starting chips at Party?

How do the blinds increase (suggested faster increases).

I like to hear about the more bad players. I notice that I play a lot of the same guys at AbsolutePoker. How often do you play the same people? How many tables of 10/1 and 20/2 are going on at the same time? Generally I play between 6-11PM CST, and there are about 8 10/1 tables, and maybe up to 4 20/2 tables.

slogger
11-29-2004, 02:40 PM
There a MANY games going at once on Party (don't know exactly, but fairly certain that for buy-ins of $50 and less, there are at least 20-30 games going at each level at a given time.)