PDA

View Full Version : great play or horrendously lucky

jayheaps
11-29-2004, 11:48 AM
$50 MTT. 32 players left. 27 get paid. I have $27K am chip leader at my table and 3rd overall.

blinds 300/600 ante 50 (i think). EP short stack moves all-in for $1400. MP player (loose aggressive) with 18K raises to 4K. I have T9 suited in the BB. so naturally I reraise to 8K. I sensed weakness from the MP player and thought he probably had an small pair and was trying to get heads up.

MP player folded so i took down a decent side pot and spiked a runner runner flush.

great read or horrendously lucky or both.

UMTerp
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Would you have folded if MP came back over you preflop? What if he called and you missed? Check-fold?? That doesn't feel right.

I don't really mind the play, though it's obviously quite a bit on the LAG side. I like it a lot better if you were even closer to the bubble though.

willie
11-29-2004, 12:44 PM
i think it's a pretty good play if you have a real read on the guy

he's got those chips out there that are for the taking if you know that you can get him off the hand, that makes the mainpot not as important.

plus this is GREAT advertisement for your lag side which will be hidden for a few orbits now i'm sure. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zaxx19
11-29-2004, 01:09 PM
It definitely will get yu alot of action if yu pick up or flop a huge hand...seriously though you got a little lucky but aggression allows you too at times so dont feel bad.