PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 at Pacific

Reqtech
11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
I've read quite a few threads about how the Party 1/2 tables are rock gardens (I still multitable on the 0.50/1), but after the past weekend, I felt that I needed to share my experience over on Pacific Poker over my Thanksgiving holiday.

A couple weeks ago I did a promotion from another site on Pacific. After completing my necessary hands on the loosey goosey 0.50/1.00 tables, I withdrew my initial $200 deposit, but still had around $60 in Pacific bonus money that I couldn't withdraw since I hadn't wagered enough.

So, on Wednesday night I figured I'd take a shot at 1/2 since in my mind that $60 was play money.

I simply cannot believe how fast and loose the 1/2 tables there are. More often than not, there are 6 players to a flop, a few times even 8. Quite a few maniacs, though, so it wasn't as passive as I would've liked. The maniacs were basically begging me to relieve them of their money, which I did raising my Pacific bankroll from $65 to $140 over 3 hours time (single table). I thought that the players on Party were bad, but these guys on Pacific were raising UTG with J3o!! I still don't believe it, but it's true. Simply amazing.

Anyways, I just wanted to share. Pacific has so many drawbacks to it: bad interface, LONG withdraw time back to Neteller (a week), can only play one table at a time, no NL ring games, etc. But if any of you are playing 1/2 in some rock gardens and would like a change of pace, you may want to check Pacific out just to get away from the rocks. It really sucks that you can't multitable there, because if you're not catching any cards you just have to sit there and watch the players throw their money around, but I don't see how a good poker player couldn't get at least 5-6BB/100 there with players like that.