PDA

View Full Version : TT.

Guy McSucker
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Party 5/10 6-max hand against an unknown: it's my third hand at the table.

TT on the button. CO limps, I raise, CO calls.

Flop: 9 7 3, two diamonds. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: Q, putting two clubs out there too.

He bets.

What's your plan of action against an unknown here?

Ta very much,

Guy.

kiddo
11-29-2004, 11:19 AM
If he hit that Q - or if he had a even stronger hand - it would be more normal to go for a checkraise. I would think/hope he was betting with lower pair and flushdraw. Raise and take a free showdown if he calls because he will not call river with many hands that u beat. If u had a read on him as aggressive and not to tight, you could probably bet river for value even if he called your turnraise.

Guy McSucker
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks kiddo, much appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]

If he hit that Q - or if he had a even stronger hand - it would be more normal to go for a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what I was thinking. When the Q fell I was ready to bet if checked to, and probably fold to the check-raise if it came. Then he bet out, which surprised me.

I called down which felt wrong. Raise and free showdown feels much better.

He had Q8.

Guy.

Grisgra
11-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Not sure you get a free showdown. I assume that if he 3-bets the turn you fold?

5/10 is annoying -- half the time they grab the lead like this they've got nothing or a flush draw, and half the time they're playing it VERY direct. I like to just call down in this spot so I can decide which they are for minimum investment.

MAxx
11-29-2004, 02:38 PM
if you were planning on calling turn and calling river anyway, I would definitely prefer raising for the free showdown against a standard opponent. it would be an easy fold to a 3bet on the turn. opponent would rarely lead river into you after that, unless he hit an obvious draw that he was afraid you would check through... in which case you could fold to that too. bottom line, i would only want to put in 2bets here, might as well put them together and make some noise.