PDA

View Full Version : Online Gambling Taxes

maxpowers21
11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And because they were first to do TV commercials here.

But it's more bizarre than you think at first glance. Want to play a party skin? Be sure to play Eurobet. Then your winnings will be tax free, but if you play Party you'll have to pay 36% tax on them. (Or just never report your winnings and hope you're not audited. That is just about as clever here as in the US.)

Where the company that owns the skin is located is the question. Not where the servers are, or where the gaming license is or anything. No, it makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering how other people here report their gambling winnings from online sites. This is my first year that i may have to go about reporting my poker winnings to the IRS and i don't know how much i am taxable for. I've played across Party, Empire and Eurobet. Anyone who could give some advice or feedback about online poker tax breaks, or approxiamately how much it is would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll probably just have to go out and hire an accountant.

maxpowers21
11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
anyone?

jrobb83
11-29-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure where you got that quote, or which country the writer was referring to, but you obviously didn't read it thoroughly if you think that the quote has anything to do with the amount of taxes you pay. US citizens have to report all of their income, regardless the source. If you don't report all of your income, and are caught, you will be prosecuted for tax evasion. It's that simple. Go to the irs website for information on how to report your taxes.

bonanz
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
the quote is referring to sweden i believe