PDA

View Full Version : How do I use Poketracker with observing tables?

Lawrence Ng
11-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of difficulty here. I know it's possible to get observed hands/tables into Poketracker..ie datamine, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Lawrence

ipp147
11-29-2004, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of difficulty here. I know it's possible to get observed hands/tables into Poketracker..ie datamine, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it only works for Party and skins,

Quite simply, set pokertracker up to auto import hand histories (on latest pt version) pointing at where the site is saving your handhistories. The just open tables you want to mine on - thats it.

(or is it the auto import bit you need help setting up?)

Sheriff Fatman
11-29-2004, 12:05 PM
I think the original poster's comments are directed towards hand histories for tables he's observing, not playing at.

I've not been datamining as such but I've used this facility a couple of times to record the end of an MTT (by observing tables 1-4). The histories are stored as .hhf files in the main Party directory within program files. You simply do a manual import of these hhf files to record the hands.

The files disappear when you close the party client so make sure you remember to do it otherwise the info will be lost.

Sheriff

kevyk
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I just found out how to do this myself. You have to enable the feature on Party which saves hand histories to your hard drive (if memory serves, this is under 'options').

Then you simply configure PokerTracker to auto-import hand histories. You can gather data on a table simply by opening one up on Party and then firing up PokerTracker.

JPNet
11-29-2004, 03:55 PM
All incorrect actually. If you click on the File menu item to setup auto-importing, set PT to point to the c:\program files\party, or empire, directory, and click on the check box that says Import observerd or some such, then just observe the tables. You can also set the amount of time between imports. I think the default is every minute.

By the way, you can also now auto import HH on UB. On the PT site, there is a small utility program that auto captures the HH. You can then add the UB directory in PT and it will pick those files up as well.

Big Country
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I found the help file with poker tracker gave pretty explicit details on how to set this up. It is all about going into the options when you set up the auto-import and being sure that the box for importing observed hands is set to do so. (IIRC, you must uncheck the box, as checking it telsPT that you do not want to import observed hands)

kevyk
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just found out how to do this myself. You have to enable the feature on Party which saves hand histories to your hard drive (if memory serves, this is under 'options').

Then you simply configure PokerTracker to auto-import hand histories. You can gather data on a table simply by opening one up on Party and then firing up PokerTracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
All incorrect actually. If you click on the File menu item to setup auto-importing, set PT to point to the c:\program files\party, or empire, directory, and click on the check box that says Import observerd or some such, then just observe the tables. You can also set the amount of time between imports. I think the default is every minute.

By the way, you can also now auto import HH on UB. On the PT site, there is a small utility program that auto captures the HH. You can then add the UB directory in PT and it will pick those files up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read my post before you disagreed with it? I only ask because you seemed to echo everything I said. Apparently you agree that to gather this information, you should configure PT to import it automatically and then watch a table.

Is your quibble that you don't think you have to tell Party to save the hand histories to your drive automatically? Because you do. The default setting is NOT to save this information automatically, but to make it available upon request.

JPNet
11-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Yes I read your post, and the others as well.

No, I do not think that you need to enable saving to the hard drive, unless Party and Empire are doing things differently, which is of course possible.

On Empire, I have the option to save to the hard drive disabled. If you enable this option, Empire will store history files in c:program files\empire\hh\userid. When you observe a table, a diffent file type is temporarily saved in c:\program files empire.

Of course I have been wrong before /images/graemlins/smirk.gif