PDA

View Full Version : Check nuts on quad-board

MicroBob
11-29-2004, 06:11 AM
Taking time-out from surfing around here to post this hand.

My 15/30 days have had many trials and tribulations already....but things are coming around MUCH better the past few days for a couple of reasons.

1. Cease the bad chases.
2. Data-mining so I can more rapidly identify the clowns.
3. Just getting used to the style of the game.

I hope I continue to win back the BB's I lost when I first jumped into this game. If not it'll be back to the 5/10 for me and that would be fine too.

Anyway, here's a moderately interesting hand where I think I made the right decision.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.83 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 7.83 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.83 BB, between BB, UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: BB (2.61 BB), UTG+1 (2.61 BB), Hero (2.61 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 8s Tc (four of a kind, sixes).
UTG+1 has Qs Ks (four of a kind, sixes).
Hero has Ah Qd (four of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 2.61 BB. UTG+1 wins 2.61 BB. Hero wins 2.61 BB. </font>

edit - for some reason the converter shows this as a split-pot. Obviously it was not.

MaxPower
11-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Tosh just posted this hand over on the small stakes forum. He did not like it, I did.

I'm having second thoughts now that I see what they called with. Maybe you got the river calls because of the turn check.

MrFeelNothin
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you got the river calls because of the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tosh says UTG+1 was loose-passive. Based on this read he is calling the turn and river for sure anyways with his K, so I dont see how Bob gained any bets here. Also, if the BB had K or Q high he is likely calling as well, so this could often cost bets. I do see that he gave them a free shot at a river A.

James282
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't think your play here really matters. Looks like the BB is a total retard who is going to lose every last penny that he puts in play anyways. If you're looking on improving your play, you can surely find hands where you don't have the absolute nuts on completely drawless boards.
-James

Senor Choppy
11-29-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the BB is a total retard who is going to lose every last penny that he puts in play anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean he has to stop looking for ways of extracting extra bets here or there from the guy. The fact that he's destined to lose doesn't mean he's destined to lose it all to the hero.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking on improving your play, you can surely find hands where you don't have the absolute nuts on completely drawless boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this hand is all that interesting, but having the nuts doesn't exclude a hand from being analyzed.

James282
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey choppy, I know. My point was that this particular scenario is so rare that I can't see how much discussion could really come from it. He was talking about how he wanted to be able to beat this game and stay at 15 30 and hands like this and turn decisions like this aren't going to change his expected earn or loss pretty much at all.
-James

MicroBob
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah....I think that's a valid point.
Not sure why these types of hands interest me so much. I had a couple of other quad-hands that I posted in the SS-forum a few months ago where I'm trying to extract the most out of it....but in the long-run it probably doesn't matter a whole lot.

Seeing what their cards were I suspect they might have called me down anyway as it can look equally likely that I'm just betting because of position here.

Monkeyslacks
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Slowplaying the quads is correct against some opponents, but you need to bet this flop.

MicroBob
11-29-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but you need to bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did bet the flop.

Monkeyslacks
11-29-2004, 09:57 PM
uhh... so you did. My mistake. Sorry.