PDA

View Full Version : bet this river???

umdpoker
11-29-2004, 04:01 AM
standard party people. table is nice and loose. haven't seen a total bluff yet. i think that if the ace wasn't a damn dirty spade, i should bet. i also think that betting a lower spade is the right move, but this exact card made wonder.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ...
Final Pot: 12 BB

Shillx
11-29-2004, 04:08 AM
The only person who could have a flush in my view is SB. And why would he go for a riv c/r with a flush, he would be much better of betting it...
In other words, I'm not worried about a flush here.

This looks like a value bet. Someone might have A9, and that is really the only hand I'm worried about. I would expect most aces to fire away here given the board and that you raised preflop. I bet for value, all be it real thin value.

Shill

Ajax410
11-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Bet and fold to a check/raise.

Alex

DMBFan23
11-29-2004, 08:53 AM
this is really read dependent - at 1/2, there are a lot of tight players against whom this bet has zero value, but there are also players that much more resemble the average .5/1 goon. given hero's table read, I'm more inclined to bet, but I'm torn here; having to fold to a raise is one of the reasons I think about checking it behind.

crockett
11-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Bet...fold to a C/R.