PDA

View Full Version : AJs against a certified, card carrying LAG

DMBFan23
11-29-2004, 03:57 AM
I've been at the table for two orbits, my image is pretty tight at a somewhat tight Absolute Poker 1/2 table (playing here clearing that T-giving bonus, takes f-ing forever on AP). My main opponent (SuperLag) in this hand has played 100 percent of his hands preflop so far, and has bet to the river with some bad ones. not sure how he handles aggression, since no one had really challenged him.

Should I raise the turn here?

Absolute Poker 1$/2$, 9 handed

Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop:
2 folds, SuperLAG calls, MP folds, Tight-Passive and not very tricky opponent calls, CO folds, Hero Raises, SB Folds, BB calls, SuperLAG and TightPassive call.

4 players take the flop for 8.5 SB
Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, SuperLag bets, TightPassive Folds, Hero Raises,
BB Folds, SuperLag 3-bets, Hero Caps.

2 to the turn for 8.25 BB
Turn is the 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SuperLag Bets, Hero...

whats my plan for the rest of the hand?

nothumb
11-29-2004, 04:18 AM
You might throw in another raise on the turn here, or just call down. I lean towards just calling after he leads into my and I capped the flop. Definitely bet if checked to.

NT

Shillx
11-29-2004, 04:27 AM
Against a LAG, but not too much LAG, you should call the turn and raise the river.
Against a LAG with too much LAG you should raise now.

Shill

DMBFan23
11-29-2004, 08:48 AM
I did call down, I thought that him leading into me after a flop cap was info enough. he had A9o.

crockett
11-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Call down.

PokerIsLife
11-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Why would you call the turn and raise the river against a LAG? If you're going to raise shouldn't you put it in on the turn, instead of the river why he might of been bluffing and won't bet into you again.

I would raise the turn and call a 3-bet and call down the river if bet into, but bet if checked to on the river.

mmbt0ne
11-29-2004, 02:18 PM
I believe the thinking is that if you raise the river he's already trapped for that initial river bet. If you raise the turn, he might fold there, and you lost 1 BB. Or, if he calls the turn bet, he'll most likely check to you on the river and might not call your bet. And, there is always the chance that he'll call the river raise, giving you a 3 BB total that way.

Shillx
11-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Reread my post. Against a real laggy LAG, I think that raising the turn is best.

Brad