PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Question from Earlier this week

Hotrod0823
11-29-2004, 03:06 AM
The Paradise Midnight 10 rebuy.

We are at the final table and for the most part it has been either raise to pickup the blinds or reraise all in to pickup the steals. Very few hands are getting to the flop.

This is my first non-satellite final table in a while, especially with this much money on the line. Winner got something like 3K.

Anyway, I entered the final table with about 150K in chips. Leader at the table had about 300K and short stacks were between 70k and 100K.

Blinds were 15K/30K with 500 or 1K antes, I can't remember.

I had some ups and downs when I over defended my SB with A9s vs a SS all in from the button for 85K, lucky for me a SS BB also called the raise.

The button had K6s, BB had AQx and the button took it down when a 6 flopped. BB finished in 9th.

Was that an awful call?

Play continued for a few more orbits with little or no flops. But slowly a few more short stacks emerged and I manged to stay alive when i pushed AA UTG and got a call from JJ.

I was back up to 150K with 2 short stacks to my left with about 50K each after posting there respective SB, and BB.

I get dealt 99 on the button. Blinds are now 20/40K with at least 1000 antes.

UTG - who has been calling a lot with less than stellar hands and going up and down like a yoyo, limps.

I was confused at this point. He had a large stack of about 300k, he was on a recent rush. Won a few hands with allin flop bets. Anyway, what would he limp with at this point in the tourney?

This is where I am concerned I made a mistake and saw over 100K in the pot and pushed my 99 with no consideration of the money or the other stack sizes.

UTG with the large stack called with A5s and hit a A on the flop and a 5 on the turn just for good measure.

I busted in 8th with a 420.00 payday.

Now had a I considered folding my 99 I am sure I could've folded my way past the 2 50K short stacks and padded my payout by 2 or 300 more.

I wouldn't mind a larger payout but didn't want to let a hand like 99 pass me by with a shot at getting a big stack and taking a run at the 3K first prize.

JaBlue
11-29-2004, 05:42 AM
First hand: I like your call. There are a ton of hands that he could have and not many of them have you beat. (I'm assuming 22-AA, any ace, any two broadway maybe that's too liberal depends on the player)

Second hand: You got it in as a 70% favorite and lost, what can you do? I definitely like your push if you're playing for first.

tigerite
11-29-2004, 07:32 AM
You simply can't fold 99 to a LAG UTG limper with only 4bb. It's TOO good a hand. Push.