PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Comments on a Number (5) of Hands

Spladle Master
11-29-2004, 02:52 AM
After about 2 hours of play, what began as an 8-player STT is finally heads-up between A and B. Blinds are 5/10. A has ~1500 chips, B has ~500. A is dealt AdJh in the BB, B is dealt Th6h in the SB. B limps, A raises to 50, B calls. Flop comes down Ah7c6h. A bets 100, B raises all-in (350 more), A calls. Final board is Ah7c8h?h9?. B doubles up.

Same tourney, chip positions have shifted drastically. A now has ~750 chips, B has ~1250. A is dealt 7s5s in the SB, B is dealt 77 in the BB. A limps, B raises to 50, A calls. Flop comes down 643. B bets 100, A goes all-in, B calls. Final board is 6435K. The pot is split.

Stack sizes are about the same. A is dealt A6 in the SB, B is dealt AK in the BB. A raises to 30, B reraises to 100, A calls. Flop comes down KT6. B goes all-in, A calls. Final board is KT6QJ. The pot is split.

Stack sizes are about the same. A has ~750, B has ~1250. A is dealt 9h6h in the SB, B is dealt AhQd in the BB. A calls, B checks. Flop comes down Kd8h7h. B bets 50 chips, A moves all-in, B calls. Turn and river are blanks, B wins the tourney.

New tourney. Down to three-handed play. Same structure as before. A has ~400, B has ~500, C has ~1100. Blinds are 5/10. C is on the button with an unknown hand, A is dealt TT in the SB, B is dealt 55 in the BB. C raises to 50, A re-raises to 200, B calls, C folds. Before the flop is dealt, A announces that he is all-in in the dark. The flop comes down AQ5. B calls. Turn and river are blanks. A busts.

I wanted to post these hands because there was a lot of discussion about them after they were played (I was the one doing most of the discussing, but a few people disagreed with my opinions). I wanted to see if any Two Plus Two-ers had any comments.

ChrisV
11-29-2004, 03:05 AM
After about 2 hours of play, what began as an 8-player STT is finally heads-up between A and B. Blinds are 5/10.

Blinds are WHAT? lol. After two hours?

It depends how often the BB is raising when you limp, but I wouldn't be too keen to call the preflop raises with T6s and 75s - although 75s isn't too bad. The first hand looks fine apart from that. The second hand looks ok from B against typical players - I don't much like A's allin.

The third and fourth hands are total insanity from A and B respectively.

On the fifth hand, A shouldn't reraise half his stack. He should either move allin or call.

Spladle Master
11-29-2004, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds are WHAT? lol. After two hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we thought we set the kitchen timer to go off in thirty minutes, but apparently it never got going. By the time we figured it out, everybody left decided that they liked having a ton of chips, so we just decided to leave it the way it was until somebody complained. We only started with 25 BBs, keep in mind.