PDA

View Full Version : Multi or SnG qualifiers?

ghostface
11-29-2004, 02:43 AM
I've often wondered whether its a better deal to try to qualify for say the Party 200K Saturday through the 9+1 MTT or the 24+2 Sng. Can anyone tell me if one is a better deal or if it depends on your style and what you do better in?

David04
11-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Whatever you're better at I would say. I would rather play the SNG, but if you like MTT's better than do that

TripleQ
11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
I prefer MTT since there's usually a larger proportion of fishy play. I also prefer to cruise into the top 9 out of 81 vs. fight for the top 1 out of 9.

That said, I won't play a MMT sat unless the buy-in in more than around 10% of the target tourney's buy-in.. otherwise it's just not worth my time to fight through a huge field.

Superfluous Man
11-29-2004, 02:16 PM
24+2 has less vig and it takes less time. However, in the sng, you have to get all the chips at the end to win it; in the MTT, you can sneak in.

Basically, if you're better at sngs (especially at 3-way and heads-up play), go the sng way. If you have lots of patience and/or are just plain better at multis, play those.

Edit: The above poster makes a good point, as the play in 24+2 sngs is often better than the play at the 9+1 multis. But if you're better at sngs, stick with the sngs.