PDA

View Full Version : Quads in the SB PP $30nov04

SmileyEH
11-29-2004, 02:36 AM
PP $30, about 10 hands in. Few limpers I complete SB with K4s (lvl1)

Flop comes 444.

Whats your plan? One of the limpers is a complete fish limping with anything - will definetly stack him if he pairs. No read on the other players.

-SmileyEH

pindawg
11-29-2004, 03:21 AM
check the flop and smooth call any bets. Open on the river by betting 1/2 to 3/4 the pot ...

Jason Strasser
11-29-2004, 05:28 AM
I suppose the standard line is to check/call the flop and then either come alive on the turn or river in the form of a bet or check raise. I guess this line works. But if your competition is decent, which I'm not suggesting is always the case at the $30 level, you are going to win more money by leading at the flop.

Why?

Well, who the heck flops quads and leads? That's why /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really dont think it matters what your line is in this spot though, because really this situation doesnt come up often enough to affect your ROI in any real way. But if meta-game considerations are to be taken into effect, I vote for leading at the flop. If called, I kinda like the check/raise turn line for maximum value against most aggressive opponents.

-Jason

kurosh
11-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Out of position my favorite line when I have a monster is to lead out with about 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot then check the turn. It usually induces a pretty nice bluff.

Unarmed
11-30-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of position my favorite line when I have a monster is to lead out with about 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot then check the turn. It usually induces a pretty nice bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it. Works better if you've raised PF but that's my line here too.