PDA

View Full Version : Limit Hold em multi tourney vs. Cash game pre flop requirements.

A_C_Slater
11-29-2004, 01:57 AM
When playing in cash games I usually follow the 'tight' chart in Ed Miller's SSHE. I am wondering if the same guidelines could be applied to limit multiple table tournaments. Should one do less raising and more limping since you have a finite stack at your disposal? Would it be dangerous to always just raise with KJs from MP in a tourney or A8s in LP. This assumes a tourney full of bad players like the $5 ones at Paradise where the players will play any ace from any position. Should one raise for value to punish people who limp in with trash as if it were a small stakes cash game?

ZootMurph
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I basically play the same EARLY in limit tournies as I do in ring games. However, later in a limit tourney I adjust my play to the table... I usually will err on the side of tightness later in the tourney.

Omaha8Player
11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Good post. I'dont have anything to add but looking forward to replyes to this thread.

A_C_Slater
11-30-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good post. I'dont have anything to add but looking forward to replyes to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's not that good, not many replies. I should have added some non sense trolling. Then it would get attention. Don't any of you hacks actually know anything about poker?? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If you do, please help educate me about my dilemma.

stinkypete
11-30-2004, 04:15 AM
early, i play the same.

later on when stack sizes are small in relation to the blinds/limits, you want to avoid hands that rely on implied odds, since the implied odds aren't there when stacks are too small.

A_C_Slater
11-30-2004, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
early, i play the same.

later on when stack sizes are small in relation to the blinds/limits, you want to avoid hands that rely on implied odds, since the implied odds aren't there when stacks are too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the weakest hand you will play late in a limit tournament (not on a blind steal.)

stinkypete
11-30-2004, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What is the weakest hand you will play late in a limit tournament (not on a blind steal.)

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends way too much on the situation to give a good answer.