PDA

View Full Version : Time to start!!

Gula25
11-29-2004, 01:45 AM
In the same way that I started out playing online poker incorrect (too many hands, bad position, wrong game types/limits etc) I can sense my sports betting career doing likewise. I have bet too many games, games i know nothing about, and games just because they are on TV.. all pretty common mistakes I assume.

Anyways, because of the tons of estimated money that was thrown away on the poker tables because I didnt have the time/effort/patience/skill to get it, I think I will do like I did with poker and try to learn somethings before I keep going. After a week I am about even, winning more then losing # of bets, but as far as money breaking even.

I believe it is possible to be successful with sports betting, and I have decided to try my best to learn from people on this site and see how successful I can be.. if you have any tips and/or insight, bad beat stories, or just whatever.. let me know /images/graemlins/grin.gif If there are any other good outlets like this one, those are appreciated as well.. In the meantime time to start learning /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tech
11-29-2004, 02:13 AM
You might want to read "Getting the Best of It" by David Sklansky if you have not done so already. Sports betting is not that different from poker or other forms of gambling. You are simply trying to put yourself in situations that are +EV. In general, just make sure that you are getting better odds on your bet than your true odds of winning (much like pot odds in poker). Good luck to you.

craig r
11-29-2004, 03:25 AM
Sharp Sports Betting by Stanford Wong.

craig