PDA

View Full Version : Changing your forum name

manpower
11-29-2004, 01:32 AM
In the past, we have been able to change our forum names in the "my home" section. I have indeed done that but now I can't find the option. Can we no longer change our screenames or am I just drunk. Your mercy and help is requested.

Sheriff Fatman
11-29-2004, 05:14 AM
I think this facility might have been stopped as it was being abused by a few trolls who kept re-naming themselves.

Sheriff

AngryCola
11-29-2004, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this facility might have been stopped as it was being abused by a few trolls who kept re-naming themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but unfortunately the trolls still sign up with new names. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

manpower
11-29-2004, 01:51 PM
roger that, thanks guys.

stigmata
11-30-2004, 10:26 AM
That's a shame, because I hate my handle - it's [censored].

pokerstudAA
11-30-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah - I picked a bad handle also - I feel like I should have my shirt unbuttoned with my hairy chest and gold chains hanging out. I am the pokerstud and there is apparently nothing I can do about it. You gotta problem with that chum?

stigmata
11-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Dude, count yourself lucky. I would kill for a handle like yours. At least you arent a:

"Person with bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain corresponding in location to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus, usually occurring during states of religious ecstasy or hysteria."

What sort of insanity would lead someone to use such a name...
On a poker site of all places? I mean, i'm not even a catholic for christs sake.

I think we should petition Sklansy to bring back this feature for fools like us...

OrianasDaad
11-30-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm with you. I'd love to change my forum name, since It's clearly misspelled. Sounds like I'm father to a sheep...

BottlesOf
12-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Since the inability to change forum names has not stopped the trolls, I'm all in favor of a change back to the ways things were.

I miss BottlesOf /images/graemlins/frown.gif

submariner
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Not talking from experience, but I would imagine that if someone has had the same name and been here for awhile, and PM'd Mat with a good reason why they wanted to change, he would allow it.