PDA

View Full Version : Overpair vs Passive & unknown aggression

Vern
11-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Reads:
Table is loose/passive
UTG is the table icon, very loose and passive
SB is an unknown, just sat down

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)
Props to bison for his converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets </font>, Hero ?

As always, criticism of any part of the hand is also welcome.

Vern
Standard Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert at any of this.

Edit: Converter had players in wrong position.

Trix
11-28-2004, 11:18 PM
I think UTG has a set half the time and 98 the other half, so you need to call the flop obviously.

He will probably raise again on the turn, but you picked up a gutshot.
I´m giving you about 6-7 outs on the turn. half of the outs vs 2pair and only 3 for the gutshot as it may split or SB may have Jacks and because, you loose about half the time the T or 4 pairs as he has a set rather than 2P, but it´s enoguh anyway.

Anyone who stop and goes 3 times is bad enough to have JJ here and you beat UTG like half the time, so you call and fold to a raise from UTG.