PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker and database size

jfresh
11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
recently i've been playing as well as datamining a bunch. my poker tracker database, which i just re-started this month, is getting rather large (6,000+ players). well, maybe not that large, but large enough that it takes quite a while for it to load and auto-rate players and whatnot.

is there any trick that i don't know about to make it faster? or do i have to just suffer through long load times? i've only played around 20k hands this month, and datamined maybe 12 hours, i would think people would have way more hands in their database than me... and my database is already way slow.

if i bought more computer memory, would that speed it up? or does only processor speed make a difference?

thanks...

emonrad87
11-28-2004, 11:49 PM
You can use the "compact a database" option under utilities.

Long load times are a pain that have to be dealt with.

More memory would DEFINATELY help.

jfresh
11-28-2004, 11:57 PM
oh yeah, when i try to do that, it processes for a while, then it says there is an error. anyone else run into this problem before?

Big Country
11-29-2004, 12:08 AM
you should probably post this on the pokertracker forum as they are more likely to be able to track down the "error"

Also, I would suggest separate databases for your own hands and the datamining hands. You can not import the hand history I think it is and save a ton of DB space/size for the mined hands.

x2ski
11-29-2004, 12:19 AM
I get the error too... 17,000 players and unable to compact the database. bunk

Big Country
11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
This thread (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1871) from the Poker Tracker forum may solve your unable to compact issue.

phixxx
12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
BTW, how would I go about datamining? Would I just open tables and click the auto-import feature?