PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

radek2166
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
I am in a toruney live. Pays top 10 spots.

I am in MP2 with 10's. Everyone is folding down to the last 20 players or so. Game is tight as all get out. Blinds are 400-800. I have 6k or so in chips.

I am sure everyone between me and the blinds will fold.

Its Nl at this time. SB has 3k in chips BB~4k.

My move?

Freakin
11-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I would definitely try to steal there. You're not looking to cash, you're looking to win. Everyone else (it would appear) is playing oppositely, and you need to exploit that. It is a perfect time to accumulate some extra chips. 10's are likely better than most of the hands the SB is being dealt right now. I have a hard time seeing most players calling all their chips off 10 spots away from cashing with anything less than a PP Jacks or higher, or AK or AQ (which you're still a favorite over).

Freakin

willperkins
11-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I guess it depends on what you are wanting to accomplish. Make the money or win the tourney?

If you want to just make the money, you could call and hope for undercards or a set on the flop. Heck, you could even fold.

If you are out to win the tourney (which is what I want to do), then push. You have about 7.5 times the BB and if you bet 3XBB you will be betting 40% of your stack so shove it in there and you will either steal the blinds, build your stack or be on a very short stack.

radek2166
11-28-2004, 11:05 PM
I want to win. I am learning to be a TAG. I just have a huge problem with nl in general. I drove an hour round trip to win the tourney. Not sit there and ekk out a 10th place or worse finish. I want the whole thing.