PDA

View Full Version : Another tricky 77 hand

cockandbull
11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Been playing with co for about 5 minutes. First hand hes played. bet this river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

milesdyson
11-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Since the only hands that beat you are 99, 86, or 64 (or A4 on the river - lol), I'd three bet the river to pay him off for playing such horrible cards.

Wait, you said you'd been playing for 5 minutes with him. Why is he a poster? Was he sitting out?

Given that he posted, bet and call the raise on the river because he could have one of the aforementioned hands (if I were actually in the hand, I would probably still three bet).

cockandbull
11-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Wait, you said you'd been playing for 5 minutes with him. Why is he a poster? Was he sitting out?

In that case, he's probably just sat down. Hadn't seen him at the table so figured he'd just folded all his prevoius hands.

Don't know if this changes anything?

Aaron W.
11-28-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Been playing with co for about 5 minutes. First hand hes played. bet this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is he posting in the cutoff if you've been playing with him for 5 minutes?

I don't like the turn check-raise heads up. Since it's the first hand he has played, you don't have an agressive read on him, and you might whiff and lose a big bet.

I think the rest is fine.

milesdyson
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Nah, doesn't change anything. Regardless of how he got there he's posting.

The only problem with three betting the river is getting capped. But you still obviously would have to call. This is one of those situations where calling or three betting is probably neutral.

illunious
11-28-2004, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the turn check-raise heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither, bet the turn.