PDA

View Full Version : Bunky's December Holiday challenge

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey gang, its the holiday time again. I have a challenge for myself. If you are sick of challenges, please stop reading now, and no snide remarks. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Here it is. I have been having a bad October and November. i haven't lost money, (I'm actually up a whole 500 bucks or so, but for the amount of hands Ive been playing it should be way higher. Welcome to varianceville)

Here is my challange to myself.

$5,000 for the month of december. My bankroll is just below 10k after my vegas trip and subsequent crappy last two months, but, I aim to change that.

Here's what I need to do. (for all you numbers guys)
.50/1.00 NLHE. 100 max buy.
My win rate after these 2 months has me at a 12BB/100 rate.
(I'm figuring 10BB/100 for this challenge) Pokertracker rate that is. So in essence I'm figuring $20.00 for every 100 hands.

I need to play 25,000 hands of poker at that winrate.
Not easy since I work full time. I want to log 1k hands per night, and have 5 days to either catch up or take off.

That will boost my bankroll and keep me focused on earn. (something ive been lacking lately)

Who thinks I'm nuts?
Who wants to hear updates?
Thanks all for your input.

Oh, yeah , I may mix in some limit games if I have time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DBowling
11-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Just curious, what is your winrate for just the last two months? Sounds really low or like you havent played much at all.
Of course id be interested in reading your updates, and best of luck to you.

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, what is your winrate for just the last two months? Sounds really low or like you havent played much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its really effing low. Its been a couple months of grind and get sucked out on by two outers. Just treading water.

Put it to you this way. At the end of september, My win rate in that game was just above 18BB/100. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thaty and I've been playing a boat load of limit games for prop work. But if it wasn't for the prop pay Id be behind. Thank god for 110% rebates. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I think I can do this if I really focus on it.
5 tables i can fit on my screen (that's all Prima will allow mw anyway) at say 50 hands per hour. I need to play 4 hours a night. Gonna be hard to focus that long on it though.

I'm gonna give a trial run tonight on the 1k hands thing. Should help with the challenge as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
11-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a good challenge, but I have a question, why .5/1 NL? I would think you'd be able to do this easier if you played limit games.

Anyway, good luck. Keep us updated.

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good challenge, but I have a question, why .5/1 NL? I would think you'd be able to do this easier if you played limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way Ive been running in limit games has me doing this challenge in NL. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

So....... No limit it is. I do reserve the right to change my game selection though, but, i'm gonna try to gut it out this way.

Evan
11-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Fair enough. Hope it goes well. Keep us updated.

p.s. maybe if you stop playing heads up with Gus Hansen your limit earn will spike a little /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. maybe if you stop playing heads up with Gus Hansen your limit earn will spike a little

[/ QUOTE ]

That thought had occurred to me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for keeping me in check. Yeah, but you gotta admit that checkraise on the river with the Queens was wicked nasty right?

greg nice
11-28-2004, 09:07 PM
which prima site allows 5 tables?

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Shoot me a PM , I'll give you the info.

shadow29
11-28-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't know if I missed something or whether its taboo, but whatever happened to GoT's quest?

Evan
11-28-2004, 10:07 PM
I was just thinking that.

BottlesOf
11-28-2004, 10:11 PM
He has posted all the updates he said he would. (3 so far). He told us in the first post he would also be taking this week off.

Evan
11-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I forgot he was taking this week off. What would I do without you boom boom?

Ponks
11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a tough task but I think you can do it. I'll enjoy reading a NL quest as I'm mainly a limit player, but I find NL pretty interesting.

Goodluck

Ponks

bunky9590
11-28-2004, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would I do without you boom boom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you'd stop hijacking my threads. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

joker122
11-28-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you gotta admit that checkraise on the river with the Queens was wicked nasty right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly.

James282
11-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Good luck bunk!
-James

Evan
11-29-2004, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'd stop hijacking my threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty unlikely, see. And Chris had nothing to do with this one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BusterStacks
11-29-2004, 06:17 AM
Can I get in on this challenge?

GuyOnTilt
11-29-2004, 06:22 AM
I don't know if I missed something or whether its taboo, but whatever happened to GoT's quest?

I haven't been online at all in the last week, as I've been having fun up in Seattle. I'm flying back in tomorrow evening and plan on sleeping for 24 hrs straight or so, and then posting my journal thingie the day I wake up (whichever day that turns out to be /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ). Um, yeah.

GoT

bunky9590
11-29-2004, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna give a trial run tonight on the 1k hands thing. Should help with the challenge as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

865 hands up $230.00. Thanks everyone.

cjromero
11-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Good luck with the challenge. I enjoy reading these, and I will especially enjoy reading one from an NL perspective, since most of the challenges that get posted have been shorthanded limit.

Will your schedule permit you to post daily updates?

bunky9590
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will your schedule permit you to post daily updates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure can. Probably daily or every couple days if I run short of time. Makes it easier for me.

fsuplayer
11-29-2004, 11:46 AM
best of luck to you bunky!

BTW play $1/2 200 you wuss.

those games are a joke and you can make a killing if you play slightly LAG...just pretend its limit /images/graemlins/cool.gif

good luck

fsuplayer

turnipmonster
11-29-2004, 12:07 PM
keep it up, and good luck!

--turnipmonster

bunky9590
11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW play $1/2 200 you wuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do reserve the right to change my game selection if I see things going bad. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have found the play at the 100 so bad that in general I'm earning what is the equivalent of (except for these last couple months) on the rate of 1BB/100 of someone playing the 15-30 Party. With much less variance and much less stress. I may stick in some 1/2 but theres a reason I'm trying to do it strictly through 100 max.

Oh yeah, and after these last couple months my confidence needs 25k hands of 100 max and crushing to get me back in the right frame of mind. Maybe I need a Dr. Al couch session. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bunky9590
11-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks bud. Challenge officially starts Dec. 1. Midnight.

I just wanted to0 see if I could bang out that many hands. It seemed like a whole lotta play to get 865. I stayed at tables when they were short and really seemed to cleanup 3 and 4 handed. I may have to throw a couple 6 max tables in. Didn't realize how badly weak tight passive players can get run over in that game. Probably 40% of last nights earn was shorthanded. We'll see.

I'm gonna give it my best, and see if it works out.

Still feels weak compared to 60k in 60 days. But 5k in a month would do me just fine if I can get there. Besides, working 10 hour minimum days makes it hard to get in 1k hands, but I don't like losing so I'm gonna give 'er hell.

cnfuzzd
11-29-2004, 11:41 PM
the only thing i really care about is are you going to be a part of the Open Challenge in december. Seems like the two would go hand in hand, but you havent signed up yet.

And i do hope you make tons of money.....FOR ME TO POOP ON.

peace

john nickle

MrFroggyX
11-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Good Luck Bunky!

It's much more fun to read a NL challenge (that is in my reach) than the old boring lame ass $60,000 and $100,000 challenges.. lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have switched from Party to Prima yesterday (got tired off the 50xBB stacks) so I will secretly join you in this challenge. I think it will motivate me when I can compare my result with someone else.. Especially a good NL player like you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now.. Go get the fish Bunky! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bunky9590
11-30-2004, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's much more fun to read a NL challenge (that is in my reach) than the old boring lame ass $60,000 and $100,000 challenges.. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Bunky likey those challenges as well. but thisone is more my speed. Anyway, I wanna see if 60k a year is doable in these games.

[ QUOTE ]
I have switched from Party to Prima yesterday (got tired off the 50xBB stacks) so I will secretly join you in this challenge. I think it will motivate me when I can compare my result with someone else.. Especially a good NL player like you

[/ QUOTE ]

Best of luck to you too!
Hopefully we'll both complete what we set out to do.

greg nice
11-30-2004, 08:33 AM
youre doing this at full ring? yuck..

im moving to party 100 NL in december and am goaling for $2500 in 10k hands

bunky9590
11-30-2004, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i really care about is are you going to be a part of the Open Challenge in december. Seems like the two would go hand in hand, but you havent signed up yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me , me me. Always about you isn't it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'l give someone else a turn this month. I will sign back on in January.

If you wind up on an odd number, I 'll do it. Just let me know.

bunky9590
11-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Full ring to start, but I don't leave when they get short.

See my response to turnipmonster.

I dn't play bad shorthanded, but sometime i just like to sit back in full ring and autopilot.