PDA

View Full Version : J9s on Btn flops flush draw

GrunchCan
11-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Prologue: I am primarily a limit player, but I'm trying to get to the PPM.

The villan in this hand is tight-passive. When he has a good hand, he bets. But Iv'e seen him be passive with big draws. When the draw came, he bets. I have also seen him put a limit raise in only when he had a strong hand with little chance of a redraw. Otherwise, he'll put in a reasonable bet.

On this hand, I have J/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. 2 loose players limp, and I limp. The villan is on the SB, and limit-rasies. Everyone including the BB and I call.

The flop comes 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Villan goes all-in, which covers everyone still in the hand by quite a lot, including me. Everyone folds around to me.

Villan has never gone all-in before now, but he has overbet the pot when he had a big hand. I'm not putting him on a draw of any kind, although TPTK with a flush draw would be a possibility. I consider the pot odds, and figure I am getting somewhere around 2.5-1 on a call. After being down in the tank for as long as party will let me, I finally fold, not wanting a bad call to end my tourney yet.

Bad fold? What would you have done?

tigerite
11-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Your limp preflop was "just about" okay, assuming this is level 1 (otherwise it's in the bin). I fold to the all in, he could have full house, trips, or just a big overpair, in which case you're drawing PRETTY thin.