PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker stats

Spicymoose
11-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I notice that people sometimes mention the standard deviation of BB/100 hands for certain holdings. This got me interested in whether or not we could access Poker Trackers database directly and pull out any sort of statistic we could think of. Does any one know if this is possible, and if so, what the easiest way to view the database.

Thanks,
Spicymoose

uuDevil
11-28-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I notice that people sometimes mention the standard deviation of BB/100 hands for certain holdings. This got me interested in whether or not we could access Poker Trackers database directly and pull out any sort of statistic we could think of. Does any one know if this is possible, and if so, what the easiest way to view the database.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it's possible and easy to do if you have MS Access. Even though I had never used Access before, after a little reading I was able to generate queries and get meaningful data out. If you try this, make a copy of your DB to work with. You may need to convert the DB (copy) to a newer version.

Edit: After getting my data, I actually copy/pasted it into Excel to play with it, since I know Excel pretty well. Here is the (intermediate) result: histogram. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=probability&Number=1274385 &Forum=f11&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=12743 85&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=3962&daterange=1 &newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post1274385)