PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman: A question about my thinking

02-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Greg (and others, et al),

Last night I played in the O'rleans limit Holdem tournament. Greg you really need to get that gorgeous wife of yours to move out here to Vegas. This is your kinfd of town. The tournmanets are just waiting for you. I know, I know Foxwoods Tuesday night is yours but there's no Sun out there.

Back to my thinking. The blinds ate T75-150 playing 150-300. I have T675 on the button. An extremely weak tight player (female not that the female part matters but I like getting a rise out of women or is that a rasie into women anyway...) limps from early position and it is folded to me. I have Jh,Js and am just about to call when I think I want to play this women heads up so I raise and that's what happens. We take the flop heads up. The flop comes K,6,7 two spades. She bets and against anyone else I may call but I fold and question whether just calling preflop would have been better.

Two hands later it's her blind. The player (Pete) one to my right is first in with a limp. He's a very strong tournament player. I have T375 and am bemoaning my misfortune with the Jacks. I look down and I have 2,2. I am about to muck when I think the blinds are high I may not get a better hand and raise leaving me with T75. The flop come 9,3,3 two diamonds. She checks and Pete without hesitation bets. I throw my last 75 in and Pete wins with pocket 8's. Somewhere my thought process is letting me down. don't you think?

vince

02-07-2002, 08:40 PM
I would have raised the JJ, and if you know with high certainty she has a K to make that flop bet, then folding is also correct.

As for the 22, pairs that small don't do very well unless heads-up, so I would tend not to play them when somebody else has already come in voluntarily.

If he's limping with 88 in this spot, he's not very strong in my book. It would be VERY rare that I would be limping in when nobody else has yet entered the pot and you've reached the point in the tourney where everybody is relatively short-stacked.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

02-08-2002, 03:11 AM
Vince,

I agree with Greg, but I think the real problem is the waitresses at the Orleans. I'm sure Johnson had his head up.

Good Luck

Mark

02-09-2002, 12:07 AM
This has to be one of the truest posts I have ever seen! Wow, those Orleans waitresses are a sight to behold!

02-09-2002, 02:37 PM
David,

When I make a trip to Vegas, that place is always on my list. Who cares about winning a $20 tournament when you can get servered.