PDA

View Full Version : qq- bet the river?

brettbrettr
11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Shillx
11-28-2004, 04:24 PM
In the games I play, I would bet and fold to a raise. The problem with checking is that you give a free showdown if you have him beat. But if he has an ace (and maybe a king), he will bet. This is a pretty easy fold here if he raises, as most people will not take a shot at you (fearing that you have the 9 or an A). If the villian raises, he almost surely has an Ace unless he has a track record of bluff-raises.

Shill

brettbrettr
11-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Anyone else have an opinion on this:

Is it bet/fold or check/call?

Peter Harris
11-29-2004, 09:49 AM
i'd rather check-call than bet-fold in most situations, but here, someone will have an A, K or 9 to shoot a raise at you here. You have a hand that beats all others, so i say bet-fold to a raise.

Regards,
Pete Harris

pointcount
11-29-2004, 11:03 AM
First: most players will raise the A when the 3rd 9 comes out.

OK, evaluate your options:

Bet/fold : put in 1BB to win an extra 1BB

Check/call : if he has an A, K he's betting here costing you 1BB anyway OR he you have him beat and he checks through for a free showdown. Most players with A/K wont be checking through for the free showdown, so the check/call will only lose you money.

At least this is my reasoning behind how I would play this hand.

I think you should bet.