PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker Ratings: Using them effectively

young nut
11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Everyone knows about the auto-rate feature in pokertracker. It is very useful in getting some pretty decent reads on what type of player a person is. I use the pretty common ratings that bisonbison described here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=923884&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1#923884)

The basic information presented by these stats gives a good overview of the type of player you are against. The basics like how many hands he plays and if he is aggressive. This is all very good and useful information....but how useful.

I know everyone knows the basic characteristics of players they are against, but there haven't been too many informative posts on how to play/act differently against each type of player. I know everyone deals with their reads somewhat differently, but I would like to know how people change their play based on these auto-rate reads (and not just the basics i.e. fold to a rock's UTG raise) I think it would really help a lot of peoples game if we could describe certain changes that should be made in your game based on the exact type of player you are facing. So if you have any input on how you factor in these reads, please share. Also posting hypothetical hands you could be involved in would be nice too.

(btw...if there is any good posts about changing playing style based on PT reads, please point everyone there.)

-nut

illunious
11-28-2004, 09:47 PM
In using PV and autoratings for the last week or two, I've found my two most important improvements are:

#1: valuebetting the call stations and fish

#2: re-raising the maniacs

LeftBack
11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Have you looked at "The Psychology of Poker"?