PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 10,000 Hand Check Need Some Help.........

Ray B
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Total Hands 10,3444
Vol. put $ In Pot: 22.98%
Vol. put $ In From SB: 41.35
Saw Flop All Hands: 30.28%
Saw Flop Not A Blind 16.34%
Folded SB to Steal: 79.93%
Folded BB to Steal: 65.16%
Fold BB To Steal HU: 59.83%
Att. To Steal Blinds: 26.01%
Went To Show Down: 31.77%
Won At SD: 53.27%
Raised Pre-flop: 13.28%
Limp/Call Reraise PF: 0.08%
Folded To River Bet: 42.61
Amount Won -454.50
Big Bet Won per Hand: -0.44

imitation
11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Your folded to river bet is quite high like mine, I think this is perhaps a leak from chasing but also in conjunction with my own high flop agr which probably leads to inflated pots giving me ~odds~ to call turn bets.

William Jockusch
11-29-2004, 07:48 AM
You are folding the river way too much. This leak alone can easily make you a loser.

ALL1N
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are folding the river way too much. This leak alone can easily make you a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Good handreading can allow many saved bets on the river. My "folded to a river bet" is at 48%, and I am a significant winner on 10/20.

The only stat I don't like is the vpip from SB, which I think is a bit high.

Gazza
11-29-2004, 09:00 AM
I don't know exactly about this fold on the river thing. I have fold to river bet 35.12 but I only fold 1.98% of my folds at the river. Anyone else wnat to volunteer their stats here?

The thing that really stands out to me Ray is your lack of resilience in the BB. You are folding way too much here. My figures are 46 and 38 (HU). Maybe I don't fold enough but you should aim to be at least somewhere in the middle of our stats.

Also for att to steal blinds and went to showdown I am 5% or so higher than you and I am not winning less often at showdown.

You didn't post your aggression stats but I suspect you are allowing your opponents to take the initiative too much and bully you out of pots.

Mainly, though, you have probably just had a bad run as with stats like that it would still be surprising if you were not at least a modest winner

Gazza

Jeff W
11-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Your second statement is true. Folding too much on the river may make you a loser.

However, your first statement is not necessarily true if it is only based on the folded to river bet percentage. Playing aggressively on the flop and turn often leads to situations where it is correct to fold the river for 1 more bet because you are clearly beaten.

Example: You raise A2o first in on the button, BB calls.

The flop comes J74. BB checks, you bet. BB calls.

Turn comes an 3. BB checks, you picked up a draw and decide to check behind.

River comes a Q. BB bets, the pot is laying 3.25:1. You are not good here 1/4.25 times and decide to fold.

The more aggressive you are, the more your opponents will face you with situations like this and the higher your folded to river bet% will be. You shouldn't try to win every pot.

Ray B
11-29-2004, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that really stands out to me Ray is your lack of resilience in the BB. You are folding way too much here. My figures are 46 and 38 (HU). Maybe I don't fold enough but you should aim to be at least somewhere in the middle of our stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

From playing 20/40 ring games I stopped defending my blinds and my win rate shot up! Is it any different here? I tend to get into troulbe playing A4 Q9 78 33 KJ type hands. Is this a major leak?

Aggression Factor:
Pre-flop: 1.16
Flop: 3.92
Turn: 3.66
River: 1.75
Total : 1.75

Thanks for the check up I will post more.....Ray B /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rizen
11-29-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Gazza

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with that paragraph. The most glaring thing to me with the stats is the blind play. I'm also curious to your check raise % (I didn't see it in your stats) as I think properly check raising along with solid blind defense are two VERY important aspects of short handed poker (especially in the 6 max PP structure).

I'll look at my 5/10 stats (just recently moved to 10/20 myself) when I get home from my "real job". I think the others are onto something with the river folds being a bit high, but the blind play (especially the HU folding of the BB) was the most glaring stat IMHO.

-Rizen

Gazza
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Well those agg stats certainly look aggressive enough. A lot higher than mine on flop and turn.

My philosophy in the BB is to defend with a lot of semi junk when it is heads up but to still play quite tightly (by my standards)if it is to be 3 handed.
I think the chances to win the hand are a lot more important than pot odds. So who the raiser is, their tendencies and their strength, also plays an important role, perhaps even more important than what my cards actually are.
If I just call in the BB and miss the flop then I usually release the hand straight away, even with A rag when I might be ahead. It keeps you out of trouble that way.
If I hit something then checkraise (or raise the SB) and away we go.

Anyway, I think there have been plenty of posts on Blind defence in this forum with varying views

Gazza