PDA

View Full Version : Commission Coach Hand # 10 Review --SB defense

O Doyle Rules
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
This is a defense of my SB against a solid player, but looking at it now I think I took it way to far.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ????

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has As Qh (high card, ace).
Button has Tc Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Button wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Steve Giufre
11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Tough player dependant situation. If by solid you mean straight forward and not too tricky or aggresive then I think you can check fold the turn. However usually when I do decide to call the turn in that spot I'll usually call the river even though the Jack is pretty ugly. Agaist more aggresive players who are capable of pushing a lot of hands then I would say calling down is fine.

NabO
11-28-2004, 08:37 PM
You called the turn without the proper pot odds to draw a Q or an on the river, following this fact you have to call the river. But i think you have to fold the turn, as a sb you have to hit more folp then as at button to take pots and it's normal because the post-flop cost you less.

Diplomatdcm
11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree, and even a solid player with show A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif etc enough to make the turn call ok.
Dave

O'Doyle's Coach
11-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Like most heads-up situations, blind steal/defense is very player dependant. My line would be to check/raise the flop. If he three bets, call and fold turn unimproved. If he just calls, lead turn and fold to a raise.

that would be my default line.