PDA

View Full Version : Some doubts on what to do after I raised pre-flop with overcards

Abelardo
11-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi all, here I post 2 hands showig what I've been doing in this particular situation, basically I raise pre-flop with overcards and en up in last position on the flop wich I miss. I don't remember particular reads I just pulled these hands from my PT, both tables seem loose and passive, here are the hands:

Hero is in UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Prima network 0.25/0.50 Hold'em fixed limit.
Eight-handed
------------------
OpeningBetRound
------------------
SB : Posts small blind 0.12
BB : Posts big blind 0.25
UTG : Calls for 0.25
Hero : Raises for 0.50
MP1 : Folds
MP2 : Folds
CO : Folds
Button : Folds
SB : Calls for 0.38
BB : Folds
------------------
Flop (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
------------------
SB : Checks
UTG : Checks
Hero : Bets 0.25
SB : Calls for 0.25
------------------
Turn (4.5 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
------------------
Hero : Checks
------------------
River (4.5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
------------------
SB : Bets 0.50
UTG : Folds
Hero : Folds
SB : Mucks cards

Hand 2
Hero is in the Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Prima network 0.25/0.50 Hold'em fixed limit.
Ten-handed.
------------------
OpeningBetRound
------------------
SB : Posts small blind 0.12
BB : Posts big blind 0.25
UTG+1 : Folds
UTG+2 : Folds
MP1 : Calls for 0.25
MP2 : Folds
MP3 : Folds
CO : Folds
Hero : Raises for 0.50
SB : Calls for 0.38
BB : Calls for 0.25
------------------
Flop (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)
------------------
BB : Checks
MP1 : Checks
Hero : Bets 0.25
SB : Folds
BB : Calls for 0.25
------------------
Turn (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
------------------
BB : Checks
MP1 : Checks
Hero : Checks
------------------
River (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
------------------
BB : Bets 0.50
UTG : Folds
MP1 : Calls for 0.50
Hero : Folds

Final pot 9 BB

I'll appreciate any comments, I don't know if I should continue betting on the turn or river, but in this situation I like to see the whole board for just 0.25 but the darwback I can see is that I show wakness. Thanks for looking.

Abelardo

Entity
11-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Abelardo,

Both of these hands are exactly how I would play them. There are situations where betting the turn and taking a free showdown is good too, but I think those situations are opponent-dependent. I'd be more inclined to try that in hand #1 than hand #2, overall, but I think played both of them fine.

Rob

Abelardo
11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi, you mean you can bet the turn for a free showdown? But with what hands you'd like to do that? If I've not paired any of my poket cards I will only go to the showdown if there's a chance that my opponent has only overcards or missed his draw. Also is there a difference between betting the turn to get a free SD and just checking and call a bet on the turn? if you check the turn you can sometimes get a free SD if everyone checks once again (it might not happen often but i'm sure it happens once in a while), if you bet on the turn you can't be sure you'll get the free SD. I need to know in which situations I should seek a free SD. Thanks for the reply.

Abelardo