PDA

View Full Version : Bad Play on My Part?

wicked
11-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Playing in a MTT last night. First hour...starting chips is l,000. I have about l,800 chips. AKs guy with short stack in the big blind has 300 chips. He goes all in. Small blind folds. I'm the next to act, I push ALL my chips in. I figured everyone else at the table would fold, except maybe the smallest stakes....NO WAY, EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TABLE WENT ALL IN....I was what the H.E.L.L. anyway....I pair my A and K and thought, it was a good call after all, UNTIL the chips start moving in the opposite direction and I realize one of the other players with a BIG stack had pocket 3's and got a set.

I'm busted.

The reason I went all in, because on a similar hand last week, I just matched the small stacks all in, instead of putting my entire stack in, and another fella then went over me with his entire stack, and since I had pocket A's I called him. I lost to his pocket 2's...he caught a set.

I'm I playing these all in plays all wrong?
Thanks in advance for your advise.

ZBTHorton
11-28-2004, 03:16 PM
So...all 10 people were all in? =)

I think you played it right, you always try to isolate with AKs...just got unlucky.

Had you called, and a bunch of people called...you probably would have lost your money anyway since you paired your A and K.

wicked
11-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Yes, even though the short stack went all in, and I was 2nd to go all in with MY ENTIRE stack, I was 2nd highest in chips....EVERYONE ELSE DID TOO.
sucked, as I had the initial fella that went all in beat.
Thanks for your input.