PDA

View Full Version : Single Table Tourn. versus MTT

wicked
11-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Do you change how you play Single Tables versus MTT? I'm having NO luck lately on the Single Tables, but consistently will make the final table in the MTT tourns.

I hadn't played any Single Tables in about a month, and thought I'd try a $5 one last night. Was the 2nd one busted. I play really tight, but twice I lost a pocket pair of Q's and A's...nothing looked threatening on the board....no chance of a straight or flush, or full house.

This is how I got busted. I had raised 3 times the big blind prior to the flop. Everyone folded except for one guy that was in middle position. Flop came something like 7 J 3 rainbow, I bet 3 times the big blind again and he called, I thought MAYBE he had a jack, but I still had him with my pocket Q's. I figured if he had J and a kicker that paired the board, he'd have raised. Turn comes a 6, once again he just calls. Anyway the river is a 2, this time I go all in. He calls.....he has 7 2...makes two pairs and beats my pocket Q's....

I couldn't believe that he would call my initial bet of 4 times the big blind and then keep calling time after time...with a f'n 7 2 unsuited.

Could it be in the Multi Table Tourns. that others are taking care of these type of players for me?? And in the Single Tables, I just don't handle this type of play well enough?

Thanks for any advise.

1p0kerb0y
11-28-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I couldn't believe that he would call my initial bet of 4 times the big blind and then keep calling time after time...with a f'n 7 2 unsuited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this shows you why we all play the single table tourneys! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It happens, and this is just one tournament.

rjb03
11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Why bet 3BB every street?