PDA

View Full Version : Problem running Interpoker software

Greg J
11-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm having some issues getting Interpoker to run properly: whenever I try to run the program it freezes while saying it is trying to establich a connection. I downloaded the program and installed it several times and it still locks up when I try to run it. I emailed and called customer support, and they said the issue was likely the firewall on my computer. I am wary of disabling the firewall to play internet poker mainly because I play internet poker. (I'm sure you guys can understand that.)

I would really like to take advantage of the monthly bonuses the Crypto skins offer, but loath the idea of fiddling with my security to do so. Do any of you guys play Interpoker with your Windows firewall up? If so how? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg J
11-28-2004, 08:15 PM

illunious
11-28-2004, 08:21 PM
You shouldn't have to completely disable your firewall just allow interpoker to access the network (though if your windows patches are updated it shouldn't be to risky to disable it temporarily just to test that theory, if you have a hardware firewall between you and the modem it's even less risky).

I don't use XP so I can't say what settings to mess with in the XP firewall.

Maybe try a different crypto skin and see what happens.

Greg J
11-28-2004, 10:06 PM
I disabled the firewall to see if the program would start properly. It did not. It appears the firewall is not the problem. I am going to do as Ill suggested and try to see if adifferent Crypto skin will work.

Any other thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Greg J
11-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Sorry for cluttering a forum I do not frequent much with my petty problems, but I thought that I should at lease tell how I solved the problem. I had been downloading the programs with Firefox, but when I downloaded with IE it worked fine. I have not idea why this should matter, but I thought it might be useful if some other troll starts whining about this problem -- that way you will know what to say.

Again, sorry for cluttering this forum.

EDIT:
Nevermind -- it worked once which happened to be after I DL'd using IE. This is really frustrating. I'm not sure why it decided to up and work just one time. Any thoughts are appreciated (again).

illunious
11-28-2004, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had been downloading the programs with Firefox, but when I downloaded with IE it worked fine. I have not idea why this should matter

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. Firefox has nothing to do with your current problems with IP.

orangecrush
12-10-2004, 11:09 PM
This is happening to me also. Anybody else? Tried all skins. Same thing...server not available. I have no problems connecting to UB, Pacific, Party and Empire.

-O

duckmingo
12-16-2004, 12:15 PM
I have Window's XP and ran into the same problem. But I discovered how to correct it. For whatever reason, my best success is when I'm already connected to the Internet in a separate window before logging on to InterPoker. That and closing the active programs that show up as icons in the lower right corner of the taskbar. And most importantly, you have to disable Norton antivirus (right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting disable) and you have to go into your control panel's security center and either turn off the firewall or make Interpoker one of the exceptions. I get in now almost all the time, whereas before it was becoming increasingly difficult and frustrating 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, if at all...
Good Luck. See ya on the tables.
-duck