PDA

View Full Version : River raise with top pair, K kicker, versus 2 passive opps

DrBob
11-28-2004, 10:30 AM
I need a sanity check here. BB is L P/P and UTG+1 is slightly loose, also passive before and after flop. I think my flop raise and turn bet are routine, but was I wrong to bet the river? These players are perfectly capable of calling me down with A5 or a worse T.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

MHarris
11-28-2004, 10:53 AM
The river bet is mandatory, particularly if your opponents are going to call with middle pair and maybe worse. There aren't many hands for you to worry about here.

GrunchCan
11-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Fold PF. Everything else is fine.

DrBob
11-28-2004, 12:13 PM
You're correct, I misspoke when I said all routine up to river. KT should normally be folded there, but it's close to border. In this case the table was quite passive, so I was pretty confident I'd see the flop for just 1 bet.